Friday, August 15, 2014

Happy Reunion

The first time Ron and I saw each other after both serving missions in the Philippines was a day I will never forget. After 3 years and 3 months of being apart I often wondered if I would still be as in love with him as I was when we dated those 9 months be he left.
To my amazement, it was as if we had never been apart. With Ron everything has always been so easy and so perfect.
My first night home Ron held my hand as we walked with a few of my family members to an ice shack to get a quick icy. He was pretty quiet throughout the whole night, he was so intent on letting me soak everything in around me and trying not to overwhelm me. Later that night we stole away a few moments alone. As we sat on a shelf in the family room talking. I felt the weight of my eyes pushing them to close. I had almost been up for 38 hours. But those few moments of talking with Ron about anything we wanted to in person, felt so blissful it was hard to say goodbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment